"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Oscar Wilde



Thursday 30 May 2013

An Eventful Night

Currently, I am tired, I have work tomorrow, I have a million better things to be doing... But I feel I need to write this.
It seems appropriate to document the events of tonight in bullet form (it's pretty long-winded)

  • Comedian Rob Delaney retweeted a tweet by a guy called Tom Leykis, being nasty to some unsuspecting lady who commented that sandwich jokes are not - and, I hope you all agree, they're really not.
  • This guy Leykis was getting seriously personal and nasty about this woman, and then about feminists in general, saying that people who comment on misogyny are actually more hateful and nasty than everyone. While this woman can easily stick up for herself I decided to tweet Mr Leykis.
  • " People are hateful towards you because you're a massive a-hole not because of your gender/race/sexual orientation " ... He replied...
  • " My millions of listeners KNOW that I'm an asshole...and proud of it!" ... I replied ...
  • " Well good luck to you. Spouting shit is a real talent ". 
  • While not particularly a pleasant chat, we both got our points across and we ended it there. There was a consensus that he is an asshole, anyway? This is where it got weird.
  • Quite a few people tweeted me. Apparently this guy Leykis is a radio show presenter (fuck me, they'll hire anyone, good news for my journalistic career).
  • They called me a "dumb bitch," "dumb whore," "dumb bitch," (these guys are witty) "deformed," "ugly princess," "only worth is between [my] legs, if there is any at all," and said that "I need to listen to learn how to suck a dick n [sic] keep a man".
  • They also wouldn't believe me that I hadn't listened to this guy's show and, for some reason, 11pm was prime time for sex so I shouldn't be tweeting them. I was also called a troll?
Isn't the internet great?!?!?!?!

It was all just really weird. But it did bring me to the conclusion that we need feminism more than ever. Before now, apart from a few real trolls commenting 'fucking feminist' on shit I've written just for the hell of it, I've never actually come into contact with such a shower of shits.
If you've read this blog before, then obviously you'll know I really care about feminism, but now more than ever before. It's like you know there are people out there that genuinely think homosexuality is evil, but until you meet them they're just 'those cunts' and when you do they're 'those REAL cunts'.

Germaine Greer said you're not a woman until you taste your own period blood, I say you're not a woman until someone's told you you're only worth comes from your cunt. My cunt is pretty awesome and priceless but I like to think other parts of me are alright too. I will continue to think this - while still promoting how brilliant my genitals are - forever. Because some guy who has an anime character as his profile picture really doesn't matter that much.

I just hope that other women don't see shit like this and get scared to stand up for themselves and others. It's not a sisterhood to me, you really don't have a duty to woman-kind. I just like to think a lot of us have the moral fibre to take on dickheads the world over and bogwash them and wear pointed toe shoes and kick their arseholes etc. These people who go round talking shit about women on the internet are probably stroking their miniscule dicks (or massive pussies, if they're ladies on the dark side ;P) while they do it... So just block them and have a huge bowl of Frosties. They're fucking delicious, seriously.

DISCLAIMER: One of these people said I'd written the original comment to promote this blog. About 3 people read it, I am aware of this. I do promote posts by tweeting and Facebooking them but this only really goes out to my friends and that's how I like it. I write this blog for personal purposes, knowing that I'm not some kind of internet star. I would never write things for 'publicity', I write shit because I believe in it (or I think it's hilarious!) Plus, I'm smarter than to write to some deadbeat radio host for blog hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment